Urinary incontinence is one of most common old age problems faced by elder people. In this condition, the person loses the ability to control their bladder which results in urine leakage. Though it can happen to anyone, the condition is more commonly found in older people. There are many causes of urine incontinence including weak bladder muscles, neurological conditions like Parkinson’s disease, obesity, overactive bladder muscles, prostate issues in men, pregnancy in women, and more. The condition is very common and affects many individuals globally. It can be managed with Kegel exercises and products like diapers for old age, disposable pants, underpads, etc.
Managing incontinence in Old Age
Incontinence can be managed by making a few lifestyle changes and using incontinence products like diapers for old age, etc. This condition is very common and therefore, there are a lot of ways available in which you can manage it. Pay a visit to your doctor to learn more about it and come up with an effective diet and action plan to be able to manage incontinence better.
If your loved one suffers from incontinence, the first step would be to help them accept it. Next, explain to them that the condition is manageable and is nothing to be embarrassed about. Stress caused due to incontinence in old age may lead to psychological issues and make the person more prone to depression. In cases like these, it is important that you have knowledge about the condition and can help the person stay positive through it.
Benefits of Adult Diapers for Old Age
Incontinence urine can be managed with products like disposable pants, underpads, etc. Older people are often reluctant to wear diapers but disposable pants are one of the most effective products that can be used to manage the condition. There are a lot of benefits associated with wearing adult diapers.
● Manage incontinence – Diapers for old age are the easiest way to manage the condition
● Soft fabric – They are made from breathable fabric, are soft on the skin and do not cause rashes
● Easy to use – The diapers are easy to put on, easy to take off and easy to dispose
● Long lasting – A single diaper can last for up to 8 hours or more
● No discomfort – The diapers are designed to absorb all liquid and save you from discomfort of the feeling of wetness
● Prevent leakage – Disposable pants also prevent leakage of urine